Harry Potter has certainly worked its magic on the calendar front this year, with the official licensed calendar coming top of Danilo’s Entertainment Calendar Chart.
“This year has thrown up a few surprises and chart debuts,” Claire Bates, Danilo’s marketing manager told PG Buzz about the anticipated charts based on sales, one for its entertainment calendar titles and another for its sports titles. On the entertainment front, Claire revealed “Harry Potter has sold 10% more than any other calendar in the Top Ten and displaced last year’s ‘number one’, Little Mix, who moves down to 5th place.”
Making their debuts in the second and third spots respectively is the Blue Planet 11 (which won a Calies award) and Fortnite.
Top Ten Official Entertainment Calendar Chart
- Harry Potter (2)
- Fortnite (chart debut)
- Blue Planet (chart debut)
- Star Wars (6)
- Little Mix (1)
- Cliff Richard (3)
- Avengers Marvel (new entry)
- LOL Surprise (debut)
- Kelly Brook (10)
- Friends (new entry)
(Previous Chart entries in brackets)
Meanwhile in the publisher’s sporting calendar ‘league’ it was Liverpool who was the top scorer.
“Each year Manchester United and Liverpool battle it out for top spot, but Liverpool FC has not only won on the field, but the emerged victorious in the calendar chart as well,” said Claire. Tottenham (a fave of Danilo md Daniel Prince) moves up a spot from last year, overtaking Chelsea while Everton has tackled its way up into the Top Ten replacing England Cricket.
Top Ten Official Top Ten Football/Sports Calendar Chart
- Liverpool 2019 Calendar
- Manchester United 2019 Calendar
- Arsenal 2019 Calendar
- Tottenham Hotspurs 2019 Calendar
- Chelsea 2019 Calendar
- Manchester City 2019 Calendar
- England Rugby 2019 Calendar
- West Ham 2019 Calendar
- Newcastle 2019 Calendar
- Everton 2019 Calendar
- After 28 years of ensuring that Danilo and calendars in general enjoy a high profile in the consumer press, PR maestro, Jennie Halsall of JHC is taking off her PR hat.
- Over 1,000 articles relating to calendars have appeared during Jennie’s period in the PR chair with Danilo titles appearing on numerous TV shows, all thanks to Jennie’s work.
As Laurence Prince, chairman of Danilo commentated: “Jennie has become a significant part of the Danilo family. She had been a real pioneer for the celebrity calendar industry”.